Thursday, June 27, 2013

Reflection of My Pedagogic Creed by John Dewey

NOTE: this is not 100% accurate, precise and comprehensible, I come up this IMHO only, use this as your guide(nakakatamad kaya magbasa ng pagkahaba-habang M.P.C) i ask pardon for my ENGLISH(grammar, construction of the sentences) thanks...

Subjects,
1. Education
2. School
3. Subject matter
4. Teacher
5. Society

John Dewey gives emphasis on the importance of education to all of us. It is the core of learning’s among humane society, indeed education impart a lot to me in the process of nurturing my skills, talents, and capabilities and capacities in order to attain certain goals in life. My acquiescence to Dewey’s said about the system of education, I know how hard to take part in developing one’s knowledge especially for those who can’t afford to go to school because of financial problem. I reminisced the time when I was urchin it was a little bit hard for me to send to school because we don’t have enough money to support my education. There was a certain point that I need to stop my studies and work to support the needs of my family but now I’m a bit lucky because I can now go to school because of the people who help me to continue my studies and hopefully I can finish it. That’s why how much important education is for me.

The school serve as a second home of the child, it is where student’s spent almost half of the day just to gain more knowledge,  skills ,  and values taught by the teacher. It should serve as their safe abode when they’re not in their proper house. Dewey’s believes that school is the prime source of information that the child’s acquire by means of socialization, adapting behaviour from the variety of individual in terms of the cultures, values, and beliefs. As what he said the school is an institution, a place where interaction occurs, relationships start and having friends, clique, peers and acquaintance to other person. I’ve remember my elementary and high school years, in elementary I’m in the public school, the place was not so nice and too little but it was fun because I've learn a lot from my teachers, I have lot of friends and experience to be remember both good and bad and even notorious things. In my high school life was the most memorable because it’s more fun that happen, meet new friends although some of them are not really good to me maybe because we have different status in life. The school became the place of my learning it was good enough I’ve learn a lot from my teachers they’re very patient in terms of nurturing our mind.

The subject matter of education plays significant role in teaching and learning among teacher and student. The subject to be taught should able the learner help to develop their ability and capability that could they used in daily activity. Dewey believes that subject should help the student acquired the necessary skills, nurturing for the better future, subject like science, math, and etc., could able the child explore and inquire information by questioning they must have discover by themselves in order to develop their sense of answering question  that is being applied. According to him the learner’s learn to construct their own notion, they can give point of view base on their experiences they can express their feelings in a certain topic. Student always find ways to learn something because of being curious.

The nature of method set as the fundamental of acquisition of learning used by teacher, the scope of strategy used in order to attain certain goals in teaching helps anyway develop their thinking skills. Dewey believes that the way of instructing student could change their entire life because what they learn from the school can lead them what they are in the future. If the foundation is good the outcome or output is better. Emotions according to Dewey has an effect to the learners because learning depends on the feelings and emotions of the teacher it has an implicit result to the student. They said that methods of teaching are effective only if the child really acquire the necessary knowledge.

The school and social progress takes place in both individuals in the society, the administration itself has impact of giving information and promoting better facilities of learning environment to the learners. The community itself help the child attain progress as an individual endeavour they became more responsible, and understandable enough to the needs of the community. The roles and regulations set as mandatory to follow for the betterment of the school and all the stakeholders. Through vision and mission of the institute a massive progress probably occur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment